Tetonia

Julie Morgenstern
The Second Comforter:: Conversing with the Lord Through the Veil
Denver C. Snuffer Jr.

Angel Energy: How to Harness the Power of Angels in Your Everyday Life

Angel Energy: How to Harness the Power of Angels in Your Everyday Life - John Randolph Price This book is written on the premise that you believe not only in the existence of angels but also that you can see and talk to them in conversation whenever you like. Or at least you can with some practice. I don't think you would be convinced otherwise if you are not a believer to begin with.

I have limited knowledge of theology, but it seemed that as the book progressed, New Age thinking overcame the principles of the source and reason for the very existence of angels - God. Instead, ideas that we are God, we are the Light, and we can do anything with the correct attitude, began to creep into the pages. Which is too bad, because the book opened up with this delightful passage: "The [angel] archetypes are those energies which create and sustain our personal realities - aspects of God, if you will, that are experientially available to each and all of us."

Bravo! But then this turned up...

You are the only law and cause in your life. This means that nothing in the phenomenal world can cause suffering, sorrow, lack, conflict, accidents, failure, or danger because there is no power outside of you. There is no cause or law external to you. You are the great cosmic molder and your world is putty in your hands.

(I had to look up *molder* to put it in context. Good job, Mr Price! I like it when a book makes me drag out the dictionary.)

If you are a Christian, so long as you keep in mind where the path gets a bit funky, there are some delightful gems, among the ponderous Names of the Angels, which I found to be stodgy.

I marked up a dozen bits and pieces that appealed to my sensibilities. This book is on my Keep Shelf, for future quick review of what I found pertinent. Much of the book is relating personal, anecdotal experiences of others, along with the author. He writes of unannounced interventions, which I found more appealing than the "conversations" the author had with his summoned angels.